We are on the lookout for a Backend Software Engineer with a knack for building scalable products. There is a lot of independence and space to test your creative ideas in our environment, so we are looking for a self-driven and proactive specialist who is not afraid to take ownership.
At Neptune, we have a quite ambitious goal of becoming an MLOps standard for data scientists worldwide. Our platform is a metadata repository built for research and production teams that run multiple ML experiments. But don’t worry – you don’t need to have ML skills; it’s our customers who work on developing ML models.
We design Neptune to be extensible, flexible, and lightweight to ensure it fits any workflow and keeps up with this fast-paced field. Some of the things we do are pretty run-of-the-mill engineering work (REST, SQL, NoSQL), but often, we stumble upon a bigger challenge! After all, how many companies have implemented a custom scalable time-series storage moving data between various underlying storages?
Our tech stack:
- Java (+ Spring), Scala, Python
- Kubernetes, Helm, containerization
- Google Cloud
- MySQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka
As part of our team, you will be:
- building an application that is:
- Scalable: we aim to be the standard for data scientists and ML engineers around the world – there’s quite a few of them;
- Portable: we offer both SaaS and on-prem installations. There are times when we need to be very lightweight;
- Flexible: Machine Learning is a very fast-paced field; we often need to adapt;
- choosing the tools we use. We’ll lean on your knowledge and expertise to select the best technologies and tools for a given task;
- participating in defining our application’s architecture;
- implementing new features and improving the existing ones.
- Solid background in Computer Science;
- 3+ years of experience in building backend applications, preferably with Java, Scala, and/or Python;
- You perform an excellent code review;
- You’re always hungry for more knowledge – learning new things is natural for you; you do it constantly;
- Knowledge of Machine Learning concepts would be awesome – but is not a must.
We can offer:
- Fully remote work and flexible working hours;
- The thrill of building a world-class product for some of the most innovative people on earth;
- Startup atmosphere and a lot of autonomy;
- Competitive base salary (inflation-indexed) and opportunity to participate in the Employee Stock Option Plan;
- 20 paid service-free days per year;
- Co-financing of Multisport card, private medical care, and free lunch if you ever happen to be at the office.