Head of Finance and Operations
About the company
Neptune.ai is one of the most ambitious startups in the Polish and European scenes. Our goal is to become the collaboration standard for data scientists (like GitHub is for software engineers or CRM like HubSpot for Sales). With our lightweight, flexible tool, we help data scientists track and organize their work, communicate results and increase productivity.
The team at Neptune.ai has an extensive background in technology, with previous experience in eg. Facebook, Google, and Samsung. The company is backed by the top European VC investors, including TDJ Pitango, btov Partners, and Rheingau Founders.
In our first year, we managed to find product-market fit. Today, we start growing our customer base, professionalizing our operations and building foundations for our next investment round.
What is this role about?
We are looking for a skilled, highly motivated and passionate Head of Finance and Operations who is comfortable working in the fast-paced startup environment. The right candidate is a self-starter that can always find the right tools for the job, is not afraid of getting hands dirty, and can drive our operations with minimum direction.
As this role is responsible for every contract company signs, maintaining the company’s budget, making sure that our employees/contractors get their salaries on time, and our customers are getting invoices, we are seeking someone with an eagle eye. You will also ensure that Neptune.ai is run with due diligence, fulfilling all the legal/tax requirements in Poland, the US, and any other relevant jurisdiction.
On top of operations and finance stuff, our Head of Finance and Operations will be playing a crucial role in keeping great relations with our investors. Together with the CEO, you will present our company’s progress and KPIs to BOD and Investors. At the same time, you will be growing the network of relevant investors, who can join us in future investment rounds.
What will you accomplish?
There will be a lot of fun, but also hard work and challenges ahead of you! Here are some we know:
- set and document our internal processes, that allow us to execute and grow fast;
- create our compensation policy (ESOP, performance bonuses and compensation) and introduce it in the company;
- manage the hiring process for some of our next key hires;
- create the company budget and ensure that its realization is transparently available for the management team and BOD;
- update and unify, all of our company contracts with the contractors, customers, investors and other parties with whom we collaborate, making sure that the legal risks are reduced to the absolute minimum;
- make sure that all the tax/accounting/legal duties in PL/US and successfully passed third-party audits;
- organize and coordinate the company’s BOD meetings;
- create investments materials,
- presentations that will allow us to raise the next round in the US (with the help of the CEO);
- prepare monthly updates which contain our KPIs, challenges, and successes and send it to selected investors;
Who are we looking for?
- You are really hands-on and can deliver with minimal supervision;
- You are the master of organization and planning, no detail can escape your attention;
- You have at least 7 years of professional experience and 2.5 years in a small/mid-size company in a similar position;
- You are proficient in English written and spoken;
- You have experience in reporting to BOD/Investors;
- You have some experience in hiring (and firing) people;
- You have experience in managing 3rd party accounting firms/lawyers;
- You have experience in defining/documenting internal processes for regulatory compliance e.g. software/licensing policies, GDPR or equal employment;
- You have a deep understanding of MS Excel toolkit – you are able to design fault-tolerant multi-sheet excel reports;
- You have good math, analytical skills – e.g. you can come up with predictions of spendings based on historic data and growth plan;
- You are always hungry for more knowledge – learning new things is natural for you, you do it constantly;
- Background in BA in (Law, Accounting, Management) is a big plus;
- Work experience in a fast-growing tech startup is a great advantage;
- Experience in fundraising and negotiated investment agreement is very appreciated;
Depending on experience and willingness to risk, we offer the equivalent of 4,000 – 7,000 USD/monthly on B2B contract split into base salary, bonus for KPIs and stock option plan. Besides that regular tech-company perks & lifetime adventure with a Silicon-Valley-minded team!
Apply for this job
To apply for this job drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your CV and a short description why you want to join our team.