At Neptune, we have a quite ambitious goal of becoming an MLOps standard for data scientists worldwide. Our platform is a metadata repository built for research and production teams that run multiple ML experiments.
We design Neptune to be extensible, flexible, and lightweight to ensure it fits any workflow and keeps up with this fast-paced field. Our Dev team faces multiple challenges in their everyday work – from quite typical engineering tasks (REST, SQL, NoSQL) to ambitious technical puzzles (like implementing a custom scalable time-series storage moving data between various underlying storages).
As an organization, we are constantly growing. Currently, we are searching for an Engineering Manager who will lead a software development team of 4-5 people by providing them with leadership and technical expertise.
In this role, you will:
- Build a strong team by forecasting hiring needs and recruiting top engineering talent;
- Lead the team – that includes mentoring, feedbacking (during regular 1-on-1s), and ensuring team members’ growth (for e.g. by proper objectives setting and regular performance reviews);
- Evaluate and optimize existing delivery processes to increase throughput, work out smart short-term tradeoffs, and correct long-term architecture decisions;
- Collaborate with the Product team to build a technical roadmap prioritized by the company’s business outcomes.
- A strategic thinker: you have a data-driven, analytical approach to your work, you’re not afraid to dive deep into the numbers to learn more about the product’s needs, and you know how to plan your own and team’s work;
- A strong communicator: you build precise, top-down messages adjusted to your interlocutor;
- Efficient: you know how to identify and prioritize high-leverage activities to avoid wasting time;
- Comfortable with decision making, able to delegate tasks and ensure the delivery of set results;
- Self-confident, you value integrity and honesty;
- Hungry for knowledge, disciplined, and constantly striving for self-improvement.
- Strong technical background – at least 5 years of relevant software engineering experience (bonus points for knowing more than two programming languages);
- Experience with our tech stack: Java/Scala, SQL and NoSQL storages, high-throughput distributed systems;
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Team Leader / Manager for development teams;
- Experience in recruitment and hiring engineers;
- Experience from a product company or fast-growing startups (ideally, one that grew from ~20 to >200 people);
- Proficiency in written and verbal English.
We can offer:
- The thrill of building a world-class product for some of the most innovative people on Earth;
- Startup atmosphere, friendly working environment, and a lot of autonomy;
- Opportunity to learn, experiment with ideas, and grow;
- Competitive base salary and opportunity to participate in the Employee Stock Option Plan;
- Flexible working hours and fully remote work if you want;
- Multisport card, medical care, and free lunch at the office.