We are on the lookout for a Frontend Software Engineer with a knack for building scalable and maintainable modern web applications. There is a lot of independence and space to test your creative ideas in our environment, so we are looking for a self-driven and proactive specialist who is not afraid to take ownership.
At Neptune, we have quite an ambitious goal of becoming an MLOps standard for data scientists worldwide. Our platform is a metadata repository built for research and production teams that run multiple ML experiments. But remember – you do not need to have ML skills, our customers have this need.
We design Neptune to be extensible, flexible, and lightweight to ensure it fits any workflow and keeps up with this fast-paced field. Some of the things we do are pretty run-of-the-mill engineering work (REST, SQL, NoSQL + TypeScript, React), but often, we stumble upon a bigger challenge! After all, how many companies have implemented a custom scalable time-series storage moving data between various underlying storages, with the possibility to view and filter all of this in the UI in real time?
- React (+ Redux)
- backend in Java (+ Spring), Scala, Kubernetes, Helm, containerization
- Google Cloud
In this role, you will be:
- building the web UI application that is:
- Scalable: we aim to be the standard for data scientists and ML engineers around the world – there are quite a few of them;
- Portable: we offer both SaaS and on-prem installations. There are times when we need to be very lightweight;
- Flexible: Machine Learning is a very fast-paced field; we often need to adapt;
- cooperating with other Frontend Software Engineers helping them move forward when needed,
- choosing the tools we use. We’ll lean on your knowledge and expertise to select the best technologies and tools for a given task;
- participating in defining our web UI application’s architecture;
- implementing new features and improving the existing ones.
- Solid background in Computer Science;
- 3+ years of experience in building web UI applications, preferably with TypeScript and React;
- You perform an excellent code review;
- You’re always hungry for more knowledge – learning new things is natural for you; you do it constantly;
- Knowledge of Machine Learning concepts would be awesome – but is not a must.
- Fully remote work and flexible working hours;
- The thrill of building a world-class product for some of the most innovative people on earth;
- Startup atmosphere and a lot of autonomy;
- Competitive base salary and opportunity to participate in the Employee Stock Option Plan;
- 20 paid service-free days per year;
- Co-financing of Multisport card, private medical care, and free lunch if you ever happen to be at the office.