At Neptune, we have a quite ambitious goal of becoming an MLOps standard for data scientists worldwide. Our platform is a metadata repository built for research and production teams that run multiple ML experiments.
We design Neptune to be extensible, flexible, and lightweight to ensure it fits any workflow and keeps up with this fast-paced field. Some of the things we do are pretty run-of-the-mill engineering work (REST, SQL, NoSQL), but often, we stumble upon a bigger challenge! After all, how many companies have implemented a custom scalable time-series storage moving data between various underlying storages?
Our team is growing – we are on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer with a knack for building scalable products. There is a lot of independence and space to test your creative ideas in our environment, so we are looking for a self-driven and proactive specialist who is not afraid to take ownership.
Our tech stack:
- Java (+ Spring), Scala, Python
- Kubernetes, Helm, containerization
- Google Cloud
- MySQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka
As part of our team, you will be:
- building an application that is:
- Scalable: we aim to be the standard for data scientists and ML engineers around the world – there’s quite a few of them;
- Portable: we offer both SaaS and on-prem installations. There are times when we need to be very lightweight;
- Flexible: Machine Learning is a very fast-paced field; we often need to adapt;
- choosing the tools we use. We’ll lean on your knowledge and expertise to select the best technologies and tools for a given task;
- participating in defining our application’s architecture;
- implementing new features and improving the existing ones.
- You are proficient in Java and have solid experience with JVM-based applications.
- You have a working knowledge of Kubernetes and containerization in general; you understand its concepts.
- You know the advantages and limitations of various storages (SQL, NoSQL, filesystems, object storages).
- You perform an excellent code review.
- If you have experience with Scala and/or Python, that’s great.
- You’re always hungry for more knowledge – learning new things is natural for you; you do it constantly.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning concepts would be awesome!
We can offer:
- The thrill of building a world-class product for some of the most innovative people on earth;
- Startup atmosphere, friendly working environment, and a lot of autonomy;
- Opportunity to learn, experiment with ideas, and grow;
- Competitive base salary and opportunity to participate in the Employee Stock Option Plan;
- Flexible working hours and fully remote work if you want;
- Multisport card, medical care, and free lunch at the office.