You’ll own Neptunes documentation (docs.neptune.ai). You’ll be responsible for the end-to-end process including information architecture creating, content relevance, get started guides and the copy of each page. We want you to use the documentation to show the full potential of our product (SaaS service that comes with RESTful API, Python library, and CLI). We are looking for a self-driven, proactive, and high-energy person who isn’t afraid to take responsibility for the outcome.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in the ongoing product development, where you will be responsible for maintaining/updating product documentation to reflect recent product changes and new features;
- Do a holistic review of our product related copy (documentation, emails, docstrings, Neptunes python library info/warning/error messages, web-UI microcopy) and propose a plan to improve it;
- Do a holistic review of our documentations information architecture(in the context of how it contributes to the user journey and key questions/topics searched by the users) and propose a plan to improve it;
- Propose and own documentation metrics that contribute to business metrics e.g. conversion from registration to activated user, registration to paying customer, product usage/stickiness.
You need to have:
- Fluent (native) level of English – written and;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a Technical Writer role;
- At least 2 years of experience in working with Python API documentation;
- Ability to write simple Python script and SQL queries to collect quantitative data;
- Experience in working closely with engineering, product marketing, customer success, marketing and sales teams to get all the feedback and requirements;
- Knowledge of documentation writing tools like GitBook or Sphinx.
It will be nice if you also have:
- Software development or data science background;
- Experience in documenting R, Julia, Java libraries and RESTful API;
- Knowledge of machine learning fundamentals;
- Experience in conducting user interviews to learn if your business is a good idea when everyone is lying to you;
- Experience with DevOps tooling ecosystem.
We offer you:
- Flat structure and startup atmosphere;
- The thrill of building a world-class product for some of the smartest people on earth;
- Friendly working environment and a lot of autonomy;
- Opportunity to learn, experiment with ideas, and grow;
- Competitive base salary and opportunity to participate in the Employee Stock Option Plan;
- Flexible working hours and fully remote work if you want;
- Multisport card, medical care and free lunch at the office.
We are a VC-funded, quite an extraordinary startup on the European scene. Why? Because we have an ambitious goal to become a key component of the Machine Learning Operations stack, similar to what GitHub is for software engineers. Currently, we are a team of 26 (and growing). You can take a look at our friendly faces and investors here.