Write articles for the Neptune Blog
Why write for us?
Interested in writing technical articles for Data Scientists and Machine learning practitioners?
Would like to have your work promoted all over the web and seen by thousands of people?
Want to make an extra buck on the side?
Write great articles for the Neptune and see what happens!
How much does it pay?
We have the following payout structure:
- Non-technical Blog Post: $50-150
- Technical Blog Post: $200-400
- How-To / Tutorial: $250-500
- How-to do XYZ with Neptune $300-500 (read more about Neptune here)
The rate depends on the topic idea, the scope of the article, and relevance to the Neptune product. Either way, we agree on the final number before you start writing.
What should I write about?
You will write articles for data scientists and machine learning people. Some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- MLOps: experiment tracking, project organization, machine learning model management (examples)
- Hyperparameter tuning: libraries, best practices (examples)
- Model Evaluation: deep dive on metrics for classification, keras metrics (examples)
- Data Exploration: EDA for natural language processing, EDA for Image segmentation and Object detection (examples)
- Building ML models: problems with Random Forest Regression, GAN architectures (examples)
- Computer Vision: problems in image segmentation, object detection, deep learning related (examples)
- Natural Language Processing: text classification, data augmentation (examples)
- Reinforcement learning: algorithm explanations, best research practices
- Your amazing ideas: pitch your idea, maybe it’s better than anything we wrote before
When it comes to style you can write:
Non-technical blog posts:
Technical blog posts:
- Introduction to X (example)
- In-depth explanation of an algorithm, approach or method (example)
- In-depth guides with code (example)
- In-depth tool comparison (example)
- Best Practices for doing X (example)
- How to do X step by step (example)
Check out our blog to see more examples!
By the way, we have a big list of topics that we would love people to write about so you can talk to us even if you don’t know what to write about yet.
Who am I writing for?
We’re looking for content that speaks to data scientists, machine learning engineers, and data science managers. Our focus is on more advanced stuff but good ML content for people of all levels is welcome.
How do I get started?
Interested in writing for us? Here’s how the next steps look like:
- Apply: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with some info about you, examples of posts you wrote before (if you wrote any), your linkedin/medium/github profile (if you want to share), article topic idea (if you have one).
- Agree on the topic and scope: we figure out what you will write about, at what price, and do some paperwork.
- Write: You can start writing! Create the first draft in a google doc. It doesn’t have to be perfect yet.
- Refine: We iterate over the draft to make it great (unless it already is :)). Edits, improvements, and tweaks happen here.
- Get Paid: Once we are both happy with the final version of the article (yes, you approve it too), we finalize the contract and send the cash over.
- Get Published and Promoted: We take care of this.
- Repeat: Any time you feel like writing for Neptune blog again, you just let us know!